“Creating art teaches us how everything is connected.”
~ Carol Artis
Carol’s Art Lessons Integrate Math, Science & History
“The way I teach art is to show my students – regardless of age – that art isn’t just about creating art. I show my students how we’re tied to nature. Math and science are in nature. I find it’s important to link what we know with past and current events. Everything is tied together.” ~ Carol Artis
Art Lesson Details
Learn Fine Art Skills: Beginner to Advanced
- Charcoal drawing
- Color theory
- Watercolor painting
- Oil painting
- 3-D sculpture
- Art Competition, Scholarship & Marketing Skills (scroll below to read more about these skills)
Art Lesson Overview
- Private 1-on-1 lesson
- Child or adult
- College-level art instruction
- Art materials are provided by instructor until student is more knowledgeable about what materials to buy.
- Student to provide a flat table and chairs in a well-lit room.
Time, Location & Pricing
- Carol travels to you! Lessons are taught in your home or other designated meeting space. Parents are required to attend their child’s art lesson and are encouraged to watch/listen.
- School year art lessons: weekday afternoons. Summertime art lessons: weekdays between 9am-6pm.
- Child Art Lessons: 1 hour lesson, one time a week.
- Adult Art Lessons: Can be 2-hour lessons scheduled on a regular basis.
- Contact Carol for her current hourly rates.
Additional Opportunities for Art Students
Art Shows & Competitions
- Show your work in a student art show or gallery showing put on by Carol.
- Compete by grade-level and possibly get published in a nation-wide K-12 art competition and book: Celebrating Art.
- Enter art created during lessons into your school’s art competitions.
Art Scholarships, Business & Marketing
- Create an art resume and portfolio from your artwork, awards and showings. This work can be used to apply for high school and college art scholarships.
Art Business and Marketing
- Students have the option to sell their artwork on Carol’s online art gallery. Contact Carol for details.